ST BRIAVELS PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN

THE ASSEMBLY ROOMS, ST BRIAVELS ON 10 JUNE 2013 AT 1300

[These minutes remain in draft form until approved at a subsequent meeting of the Council]

 

PRESENT

 

            Cllrs Carss (Chairman), Alexander, Bird, Chivers, McFarling, Rees and Thomas.

County Cllr Patrick Molyneux.  District Cllr Terry Hale. 4 members of the public

 

13-357 APOLOGIES

 

             Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Davis and accepted by the meeting.

 

13-358 DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

 

            The following interests were declared:

           

Name

Minute

Reason

Cllr Thomas 13-369 Member of FODDC Scrutiny Committee

 

13-359 MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 13 MAY 2013

 

It was resolved that the minutes be approved; they were signed by the Chairman:

 

13-360 MATTERS ARISING

 

            13-360.1 re minute 13-346: it was reported that GCC had inspected the trees at High Green and a report would be sent to the Clerk, also that instruction for mowing, having regard to biodiversity, had been sent to the owner.

 

13-360.2 re minute 13-349.2: it was reported that the Street Wardens will erect dog signs on the playing field and that a meeting had been requested by the Playing Fields Association with the Parish Council to discuss the play area.

 

13-361 SUPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

 

            Mr D Slater raised the question of sorting, archiving and storage of Council documents.  The Chairman explained the process was underway to archive parish documents and the manner in which documents would be held securely under the direct control of the Clerk, as advised by FODDC.  The Locum Clerk advised that under LGA 1972 s.227(1) it was the Council’s responsibility (not the Clerk’s) to make arrangements for storage.

 

13-362 TO RECEIVE A REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

 

            Cllr Molyneux advised that he had been appointed to the Health Care Scrutiny Committee which would be looking at cross border issues.  He invited members to contact him if they required his assistance with any issues and said he would attend as many Parish Council meetings as he could.

 

In reply to a question about difficulties the Parish Council was having communicating with Gloucestershire Highways, Cllr Molyneux asked to be sent copy correspondence. 

 

13-363 TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS

 

            13-363.1 CLLR TERRY HALE

 

Cllr Hale reported that progress was being made in respect of Cross Border healthcare issues.  He recommended the adoption of a Lone Worker policy for Councillors.

 

13-363.2 CLLR ARTHUR THOMAS

 

No report.

 

13-364 TO RECEIVE THE CLERK’S REPORT / INVOICES FOR PAYMENT

 

            13-364.1  The Clerks report is attached to the signed copy of these minutes.

13-364.2  It was resolved that the accounts for payment and the transfer between accounts as listed in the report be approved .

 

13-365 TO RECEIVE REPORTS OF LEAD COUNCILLORS

 

13-365.1 FINANCE – no report

13-365.2 GOVERNANCE – no report

13-365.3 STAFFING – no report

13-365.4 FOOTPATHS – no report

13-365.5 HIGHWAYS – it was reported that no response had been received from Gloucestershire Highways in respect of issues raised concerning signage, traffic speeds and grit bins.  Two letters from parishioners voicing their concerns had also been forwarded to Gloucestershire Highways.

13-365.6 PLANNING – no report

13-365.7 CEMETERIES – it was reported that the Environment Agency have agreed to a meeting with a company which can provide ‘waterproof’ graves liners.

13-365.8 AMENITIES – Cllrs Alexander’s and Bird’s report is attached to the signed copy of these minutes.  It was resolved to request Mr Teague to provide quotes for repairs to the bus shelters.  Councillors were asked to identify areas in the parish that require cutting / strimming

13-365.9 MAINTENANCE – covered by 13-365.8

 

13-366 TO RECEIVE REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND OTHER MEETINGS

 

            13-366.1 Cllr Chivers reported attending a meeting of the Consortium of Wye Valley Councils which was well attended.  Matters discussed were: cross border health care, ambulance issues, broadband provision, safety of and speed limits on A466 between Llandogo and Redbrook.

 

13-366.2  Cllr Chivers reported that fund raising was in progress by the Defibrillator Working Group to provide equipment in the parish; Cllr Hale offered assistance if required and suggested some parishioners are trained as community responders.

 

13-367  CROSS BORDER HEALTHCARE

 

            It was resolved to send letters prepared by Cllr Chivers to Mark Harper MP, The Anuerin Bevan Health Board and Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group.

 

13-368  OWNERSHIP OF CASTLE CAR PARK

 

            It was reported that English Heritage (EH) had advised that they own the car park; Cllr Alexander to meet with EH to precisely identify the boundary and determine who is responsible for maintenance of the boundary wall.

 

13-369  FOREST OF DEAN DISTRICT COUNCIL ALLOCATIONS DEVELOPMENT PLAN DOCUMENT

             (ADPD)

 

            The meeting was advised that the second consultation on the ADPD was currently underway; the Locum Clerk to ensure Councillors are advised.  Discussion revolved around the fact that at the same time that proposals in the ADPD to redraw the settlement boundary were being considered, there was an appeal pending against a planning application in the area concerned and the view was expressed that this was wrong.

 

Minutes of the appropriate FODDC meeting would contain all the details of the process of the adoption of the ADPD.

 

In answer to a question Cllr Thomas said he had attended the relevant meetings of FODDC when the ADPD was being discussed and confirmed that it was his role to represent the District and Parish Councils at those meetings.  He had not felt it necessary to report his participation at those meetings, nor the planned  changes to the settlement boundary in his monthly reports to the Parish Council.  It was pointed out that the public had been invited to attend and contribute to those meetings.

 

13-370 SUPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

 

            There were no questions from the public.

 

13-371 CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION

 

13-371.1 Gloucestershire Highways: it was reported that there had been no response re winter maintenance (see also minute 13-362)

13-371.2  Monitoring Officer: re storage of councils documents (see also minute 13-361)

 

13-372 CORRESPONDENCE FOR INFORMATION

 

13-372.1 Wye Valley AONB – ‘Picturesque’

13-372.2 Clerks & Councils Direct

 

13-373 MINOR MATTERS

 

            13-373.1: Cllr Thomas asked who will pay the Clerk’s excess hours.

13.373.2: Cllr Thomas raised the question of Japanese Knotweed and Ragwort.

13.373.3: Cllr Rees raised a query about the proposed takeover of Severn Trent Water

13.373.4: Cllr Carss raised the issue of litter in the parish

13.373.5: Cllr Alexander said she would make contact with the PCSOs newly appointed to the parish

13.373.6: Cllr Rees advised that the new Duty Priest Robert Simpson was to be inaugurated on 30  June at 16:00 in St Briavels church.

13.373.7: Cllr Rees raised the issue of the mis-designation of spare bedrooms as studies in Connection with Council Tax  and was advised it was a Two Rivers Housing (2RH) issue on  which FODDC were working with 2RH.

 

13-374 ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS

 

            13-374: Appointment of the Clerk (requested by Cllr Thomas)

 

13-375 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

            Monday 8 July 2013 at 19:30 – St Briavels Assembly Rooms.

Agenda items to the Clerk 10 days beforehand.

Apologies to the Clerk by 16:30 on 8 July.

 

The meeting closed at 21:00